Saturday, May 29, 2010

Why I Love Writing

I love writing, it is the one thing in life that I think I couldn't live without. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't write. I've been writing since fourth grade, keeping journals all through school; writing my first short story in junior high and then worked on my first major story in high school-my senior year-until now. I've finally gotten to where I'm comfortable with my writing. I don't criticize myself if something doesn't sound right, although, I don't let anyone read any of it.

My first book is so much a part of my life that I'm literally having an affair with the characters. (No, not in the sense that the world views affairs.) They are very much a part of my life-living in my imagination as if they're a part of my very soul. I can see them so clearly, everything about them stands out.

I love having friends who write, like my friend Stacy. She's an amazing fantasy writer and currently working on one of her stories. Even if she's having a hard time rewriting it, I know for a fact that it will be one of my favorite stories. She has a way of coming up with great characters and towns, worlds even, that I'm not able to do.

But it isn't just the writing that makes me crave what I do, it is coming up with characters, and the worlds they live in. Romance, fantasy, paranormal, sci-fi-I love them all!! =^_^= Paranormal romance are my favorite, though. So, as I close up this first blog I have come to create, I want everyone to know that writing is fun, dramatic, hard, sometimes easy and totally satisfying. I advise all those out there who want something new to do; take up writing. And I say good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment