Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Work Space

Hi friends! I just got done reading a post on a blog I follow and she had a guest that was talking about writing spaces, or working space in general. Well, it got me thinking that everyone who does any kind of "crafting" whether it be writing, drawing/painting, sewing or cross-stitching or anything that has to do with crafting, needs a good working space. I know, from a personal friend of mine, that a working space is sometimes hard to come by when you live in an apartment, or a home that has little space-like myself and my best friend. Currently, my working space consists of a cubicle like space that contains my computer and desk, plus my loveseat where I sit with my laptop or anything I'm working on craftwise. However, I'm changing that. I was going through one of my cross-stitching magazines and came upon a page that was giving a preview of a work space that was being developed. It was, in words, gorgeous! I wanted it. It got me thinking, "well I have a room that is currently cluttered and NOT being used. What about that?" So I turned to my husband and asked him if I could turn it into my work space for now. He didn't seem to mind, thank goodness. So as soon as tomorrow comes around, I'm going to start cleaning up the boxes and putting it into order. It is a good working space, bedroom sized of course. It has two windows that over look our garden and back yard but also allows natural light to flow through the room. I think once it is done I shall post pictures of it on here to show you what I have to work with and the finished project. Now, here's my question for you, dear friends, what is your work space like? Is it small? Is it big? Where do you do your "crafting?" A space for your personal work is important to everyone. Let us all know what you're working with and what type of crafting you like to do. Till later my friends! V.R. Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment